Mandarin and honey chicken rice bowl
Treat your tastebuds to this savory spin on rice bowls that's both zesty and sweet — ready in less than thirty minutes.
Calories*250* per serving
- Bring the 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the brown rice and salt. Bring back to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cover the pan. Simmer until rice is almost tender and holes appear on the top surface, 30 to 35 minutes. Add the broccoli florets to the top of the rice, cover the pan again and set aside, off the heat, for 15 minutes.
- Marinated Chicken: While the rice cooks, combine the chicken breast pieces, 1⁄4 cup Wonderful Halos juice, soy sauce, black pepper, cornstarch, ginger, garlic and scallions. Mix well to combine, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Wonderful Halos Honey Soy Sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk 1/3 cup Wonderful Halos juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, garlic, cornstarch, ginger and honey; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the avocado oil. Drain the chicken from the marinade, discard the marinade and add chicken to the pan. Allow to sauté, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- During the last couple of minutes, add the prepared Wonderful Halos Honey Soy Sauce and allow to simmer until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice with the steamed broccoli and Wonderful Halos segments. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
Advance preparation: You can marinate the chicken the night before for an even tastier dish.